appleseed 1.1.0 alpha-16 Release Notes
These are the release notes for appleseed 1.1.0 alpha-16. This release also includes Blenderseed 1.3.3 and Mayaseed 0.3.1.
What's new in this release
- Implemented pixel filtering (available filters: Box, Triangle, Gaussian, Mitchell-Netravali, Cubic B-spline, Catmull-Rom, Lanczos). The default is Mitchell-Netravali with a filter radius of 2.0.
- Added support for textured spot lights (spot light gobos).
- Added support for straight alpha (by opposition to premultiplied alpha which is the default).
- The adaptive image plane sampler now bases its refinement decisions upon the values of all AOVs, not just the main color buffer.
- Added a parameter on materials to choose the up vector (Y/Green or Z/Blue) of the normal map when normal mapping is used.
- Changed default tile size from 32x32 to 64x64.
- Frame entities can now be edited.
- Added a keyboard shortcut (CTRL-K) to clear the log panel.
watch_folder.py, a small Python script to continuously render appleseed scenes as they appear in a given directory. This can be used together with Dropbox to build a simple but powerful render farm.
watch_folder.pyused to be part of Mayaseed.
What's fixed in this release
- Fixed rendering of objects using multiple materials, where one or multiple materials have an alpha map.
- Fixed rendering of fast rotating objects (with transformation motion blur).
- Eliminated tile artifacts in adaptive image plane sampler.
- Fixed transformation of nested assemblies (transforms of nested assembly instances were composed in the wrong order).
- Fixed loading of some scanline-based OpenEXR images. This fix also affects the maketiledexr tool that ships with appleseed.
- Fixed Tangents and Bitangents diagnostic modes.